Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore dishwasher. The heated dry light keeps

I have a Kenmore dishwasher. The "heated dry" light keeps flashing, it will not lock or start.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The heated dry light flashing means that the touch button is shorted and will need to be ordered and replaced. You can't just replace the touchpad on these dishwasher unfortunately which means you'll need to order and replace the plastic control panel at the top of your door to fix the problem.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is this something I could order and have my husband (not mechanically inclined) replace?
If he's fairly handy yes. You'll need your model number first, which is located around the frame of the dishwasher on a sticker if you open the door. Then you can call a local parts store or searspartsdirect.com and give them the model number and ask for the control panel. The part should be about $100-130 or so.

Once you have the part, turn the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher and open the door. Remove all the screws around the border of the inner door liner, the door will split open and you can remove the screws holding the control panel on. Remove the control panel and install the new control panel. Takes me about 15 minutes so it's really not all that difficult.