Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

7 yr old WPGT 9350 Harmony Profile washer. Quit w/load half

Customer Question
done. Power is OK to...
7 yr old WPGT 9350 Harmony Profile washer. Quit w/load half done. Power is OK to the plug. Pulled fuse/filter and found the glass fuse blackened. Replaced. Still no response. Pulled control board on right hand side. Saw evidence of heat damage/discoloration of board. Replaced. Sill no response. Both of these seemed to be logical procedures as well as both looking bad. Can't figure what to search for next but am hesitant to purchase the top assembly w/touch buttons on a whim or worse the led panel. Any ideas??? Thanks
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
11/13/2010
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

is this the board you replaced ?

Good morning,

No, That board is behind the LED panel display and I pulled the metal plate and inspected it. No evidence of heat, trouble, distortion, whatever. I replaced the board that is house under the white/manilla plastic housing off to the right.

ok, is this draining? did it just stop with no error code at all ?
Just came upon it dead with the load half done. Water standing in the drum w/the load of clothes. The board did not have any meassage on it. Totally dead. Checked the fuse downstairs. OK. Checked the outlet where the washer is plugged in. Power is there. Machine was just dead. No message. Stopped with no error code.
on this diagram which parts did you replace?

I replaced 241 and 60 both of which showed evidence of damage. 241 had the glass fuse blackened and the circuit board (60) had discoloration in areas of the epoxy(?) that seals the circuitry, as if it had heated up. Some of the coating appeared to have melted and partiall covered the big black heat sink.

ok so you replace this, and the filter? are you getting power to # XXXXX?
I really don't have a way to verify that. How is that done??

you will need to test it with a volt meter. you should get 120 volts to the board.

So if I test and have 120 to the board, what then??
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician