Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Maytag Germini double oven. Often, the electric ignition

I have a Maytag Germini double oven. Often, the electric ignition would continue to click for several minutes after I either turned off or turned on the front right burner. The other day - there was a POP! sound and it threw the breaker. Now the electrical part is gone. We turned the breaker back on and there was another loud POP! sound. The third time we tried it (or maybe it was the fourth), there was a red glowing light in the upper left portion of the oval electrical display. Is this something that can be fixed (that is not really expensive)?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

you may have blown oven control ,

this may need to be replaced, you can order this @ http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/Maytag-Parts/Range-Parts/5701M800-60/0022/664/Model-MGR 6875ADW/3048/0124002?keySuffixId=NA&productTypeId=0124002&searchModelNumber=MGR6875ADW&subCompDesc=Control%20panel/top%20assembly&brandDesc=MAYTAG&modelDesc=MAYTAG-COOKING&blt=11 the part runs $ 207.00, you must also check for burnt wires near the burner switch. i recommend a tech for this job