Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

WHAT DOES F1 MEAN WHEN I START MY CABRIO WASHER IT COMES UP

WHAT DOES F1 MEAN WHEN I START MY CABRIO WASHER? IT COMES UP EVERY TIME IT NEEDS TO ADD WATER ON WASH AND ON RINSE.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

F1 is a very bad error code unfortunately and it means that your main relay control board has an internal short under the back right corner under the control panel and it will need to be ordered and replace to fix the problem. The part is about $200.

As far as the wedding ring, I'm not sure where that would be but if you tip your washer backwards there is a drain pump below and behind the tub that you can remove to see if the ring has fallen down to the pump area yet. Make sure to unplug the washer first before working on the unit.