Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

my washing machine wont start. it is a frontload H2 all the

Customer Question
my washing machine won't start...
my washing machine won't start. it is a frontload H2 all the lights flash and in the status light rinse spin ckothes clean stay on. What is wrong with it?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
11/8/2010
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

remove the access panel under the door in the front and remove the pump filter part# XXXXX unscrew this counterclockwise and pull it out. get some towels ready there will be water, clean any obstructions and try this again, let me know if it starts,

I did that ,found some change but get the same results, just a clicking noise like it wants to start then the lights flash.
is the door locking?
yes
ok, when you unplug this and then plug it back in does the control click?
I do hear a click
ok , are the controls responding? can you change the cycles? is there no error code at all?

yes controls respond and i can change cycles if there is no error code.

ok, the machine control board is bad, can you get me the full model #? its missing some numbers.
model # XXXXX XXXXX
ok thanks, XXXXX XXXXX to do is remove the top panel on the machine and under it there is a tech sheet, this has some info on the machine and may have some tests you can perform before replacing the CCU. check all the plugs on the CCU and the control to make sure they are tight. the tech sheet is # XXXXX on the diagram, this is the CCU, (central control unit) its under the top also. make sure your water is on fully also and the dispenser door is closed tightly. if all this checks out replace the CCU, heres a link to the part, http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/Kenmore-Parts/Washer-Parts/W10133559/0026/110/Mode l-11046472501/0582/0153200?keySuffixId=NA&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=11046472501&subCompDesc=Control%20panel%20parts&brandDesc=KENMORE&modelDesc=RESIDENTIAL-WASHER&blt=11 thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician