Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a GE Model DBVH512 gas dryer. When wet clothes are loaded

the dryer initially gets hot...
I have a GE Model DBVH512 gas dryer. When wet clothes are loaded the dryer initially gets hot, however, after approximately 10 mins. it is decidedly blowing cool air out the vent. I am making these observations with the exhaust ducting removed and holding my hand in front of the dryer vent.
11/7/2010
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

theres more to the model # XXXXX you get that to me? is this gas or electric?

Bryan,

As I stated before, this is a gas dryer and the model number is XXXXX Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you - I thought I would get and email response. Guess I need to sign in to get your recommendations for repair. I'll hang on for a bit.

ok . the gas valve solenoids need to be replaced, these are like magnets and open the valve. these get weak and need to be replaced. you can order these @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Gas-Valve-Solenoid-Set/3449 they sit on top of the gas valve inside the dryer. Gas Dryer Gutsyou need to get inside the machine to change them, they just plug in however. hope this is helpful , thanks Bryan
Let me see if this works. Looks like a lot of work to get to these. I will get back to you after I see if this is the answer. How long do you think this should take?
well you need the coils first and after that maybe an hour to change them, click this link for all the diagrams, http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/GE-Parts/Dryer-Parts/Model-DBVH512GF5WW/0432/0151200?searchedModel=DBVH512&blt=06
Do the coils charge after everything is reassembled and energized? Or is there something else I need to do?
no nothing else to do these energize by themselves by the flame sensor, just put them in and put it back together,
Great. Pray for me - I'm going to disassemble and get parts. Talk to you tomorrow. Thanks!
no problem, I'll be here tomorrow let me know, thanks Bryan
Ordered parts - thought I'd be able to find them in a town as large as San Francisco but no such luck. Should arrive by Wednesday, 11/17. Will contact you one way or the other. Thanks for being patient - realize you are saving me a bundle of dough!
ok, no problem thanks, XXXXX XXXXX Bryan
Bryan,

Reassembled everything and now dryer won"t start. I have full lights on control panel. I push start and control board says drying, however, the motor does not come on. Any ideas?
did you get the belt on correctly? this has a switch that stops the machine if the belt breaks off comes off. # XXXXX on this diagram, also did you get the door switch wire wrong or forget to put them on? the coils would have nothing to do with the dryer starting.
I can't get the idler bar to engage the bracket that provides the tension for the belt that goes around drum. Belt doesn't stretch a bit. Any tips on overcoming the stiffness of that damn belt. Need about an inch more travel with the idler bar and pulley. Working in close quarters. Any ideas?

this is probably the toughest part of putting this back together, I usually stick a screw driver between the bottom of the drum and the blower assembly to give me a little more room to get my arms in and get the belt on.pull the pulley back and put the belt on, thats why it wont start,
should I stick the belt in the oven at 100 degrees for a few minutes or somthing. This sucker is really tight and I can't get enough ooph to get ideler arm over far enough to lock into the mount.
something is out of place inside, don't put this in the oven. it will melt and stretch to much. the idler pulley shouldn't be that tight, you should take this apart again and pull the drum out to see whats going on with the pulley. theres something wrong.

Bryan,

Got the dryer working perfectly. You diagnosed the problem and it really works great. My problem getting it back in service was thinking that the idler arm was to lock into the bracket on the right side of the motor bracket. Only time to lock that in is when you have the drum out to keep the idler arm from smacking your fingers - no way the belt would streatch around drum with that thing in the locked position. I am sorry I have been out of touch- had to leave town unexpectedly for my dad passed away suddenly. Need to pay you. What do I need to do to get you paid + bonus. You really helped me and saved us some money! You are awesome.

I am so sorry to hear about your father, I lost mine 10 years ago, God Bless you, hope your doing ok, do you have this running now? the idler arm rod does have to go back in before you put the motor bracket back in all the way, were you able to see the diagram? I can send you a link to all the diagrams if you wish. to pay me all you have to do is hit the accept button, I think the bonus is after that if you want, not sure, never been on that end,
Everything works perfectly. The little woman thinks I'm a genius. How can I put a recommendation for using your service on line?
there is a place to leave feedback on your end, just press the leave feedback button, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician