Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I HAVE A KITCHENAID KGRK806 GAS RANGE. THE OVEN AND BROILER

I HAVE A KITCHENAID KGRK806 GAS RANGE. THE OVEN AND BROILER BOTH STOPPED LIGHTING. THE UPPER ELECTRICAL ELEMENT HEATS-UP
ON BOTH FUNCTIONS BUT THE GAS BURNERS WILL NOT LITE.
I AM A AUTOMOTIVE MASTER TECH AND DO HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF A DVOM JUST STEER ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION OR TELL ME THE PROBLEM, I'M NOT PROUD.

THANK YOU!
TONY D
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

can you recheck the model # ? its not comming up. Thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I LEFT MY PAPER WORK @ MY SHOP. I LOOKED ALL OVER THE RANGE AND CAN NOT FIND THE MODEL #. I DO KNOW IT IS KGRK806, POSSIBLY 00SS OR SSOO AT THE END. SORRY FOR THE LACK OF INFORMATION. I DO BELIEVE IT IS A WHIRLPOOL RENAME.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok, found it thanks, XXXXX XXXXX is going to be the gas valve from what I've seen in these, this must be the model # XXXXX KGRK806PSS00 . the part # XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNNI would call Kitchen Aid and ask them if the is the valve they are having all the issues with, this is a recently discovered problem with these, I had a similar case about two weeks ago, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

HEY BRYAN,

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE, I JUST WANTED TO TELL YOU I CHECKED THE OVEN AGAIN TODAY AND WHEN I TURN IT TO BAKE I SEE NO SIGN OF IGNITION.

WHAT I DO HEAR IS WHAT SOUNDS LIKE A SOLONOID OPENING AT THE GAS VALVE. I HEAR THIS TWO TIMES THEN NOTHING BUT THE UPPER ELECTRIC ELEMENT HEATS UP.

P.S. NOT DOUBTING YOU BUT I JUST WANTED TO GIVE YOU THAT LAST BIT OF INFO.

THANK YOU

TONY D

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
are you saying the broiler heats up now or are you talking about the top burners?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

NO BRYAN THE GAS PART OF THE BROILER DOES NOT WORK. IT HAS A

ELECTRIC ELEMENT IN ADDITION TO THE GAS, I DO NOT KNOW WHAT I'TS

PURPOSE IS, MAYBE TO PREHEAT QUICKER? SORRY TO GOOF YOU UP!

THE OVEN AND BROILER ARE DOING THE SAME AS IT WAS WHEN I FIRST

ASKED FOR HELP. I ADDED MY LAST REPLY TO TRY TO HELP, BUT I THINK

I'VE MADE THINGS MORE COMPLICATED FOR YOU. SORRY!

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well I know what your saying and its still going to be the valve I believe, the element your talking about is # XXXXX on this diagram correct?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
YOUR RIGHT BRYAN IT IS #7
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok that means the control is working but the valve isn't. I would call Kitchen aid tomorrow just to be sure they will tell you whether your valve is the one having trouble, just to be safe, I don't want to have you get the wrong part but they are having issues with these. wish I could be 100% sure but its hard on line, hope I've been helpful. thanks Bryan