Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a side by side frig model # hss25gfpdww. The freezer

Customer Question
I have a side by...
I have a side by side frig model # XXXXX The freezer works great but the frig side has to be turned up 0n 7 or 8 to get food cold. but when I turn it up that high my tea starts freezing. it make a whistleing sound all the time
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
11/6/2010
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

is there any frost on the back panel in the freezer?

There was some small specs of frozen water under the light and we took a hair dryer to it and thawed it out

can you take the back panel off in this freezer? you need to check the frost pattern on the coils. let me know, thanks Bryan

there is no frost on coils
none at all? is the fan running right now? push the door switch in and see if it starts running , this may have been in a defrost cycle,
fan is running
and no frost? this means the main control board has failed. its not starting the compressor all the time and this also controls temps and the damper assembly, (the part that lets the air into the fresh food section) this would account for the freezing of your tea. this is located on the back of the refrigerator behind an 8x10" cover. G.E. has redesigned these 4 times because of the problems your having, you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Control-Module/1531075?modelNumber=HSS25GFPDWW the part # XXXXX XXXXX thanks Bryan
can u tell me how old this frig is
there should be a date on the model # XXXXX inside the fresh food section either on the ceiling or side wall.
there was no date there
after looking at the model its between 7-9 years old i believe,
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician