Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Maytag refrigerator, model MSD2351KES. The ice maker

I have a Maytag refrigerator, model MSD2351KES. The ice maker stopped working. The mechanisms seem to be working (I hear the motor running), but the ice is not dispensing. I think the coil may have jumped out of alignment. There is a hole on the back of the ice bin. Is the tip of the coil supposed to be in the notch? And the coil around the punch out in the back (inside)?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

are you saying this wont dispense ice?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, the ice maker is making ice, but it won't dispense the ice.
do you hear the auger motor turning when you push for ice? try this take the ice bin out and leave the freezer door open hold the light switch button in and press for ice, does the part in the back turn?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, I hear the motor and the part in the back turns. I'm thinking the part in the back is not connecting properly with the coil in the bin. I think the coil may have jumped off track. Is it supposed to be around the punch out in the back of the bin? Is the metal end of the coil supposed to be in the hole on the punch out?
yes it is. also is part #2 on this diagram still connected to the screw inside the auger(bin)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
As far as I can tell, everything looks to be connected except for #3 into #2.
thats the problem then, its probably broke in the front part and has moved froward and disconnected from the coupler in the back. you will need to take the auger assembly apart and see what broke. you can get all the parts for that @ http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Maytag-Parts/Refrigerator-Parts/Model-MSD2351HES/3048/0165000/M0410118/00016?blt=06&prst=&shdMod= probably part # XXXXX failed, hope this is helpful, thanks Bryan