Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Amana refrg stopped working. The fan is working. I cleaned

Amana refrg stopped working. The fan is working. I cleaned out the bottom of it. The compressor was really hot so i disconnected it for a few minutes. replugged it. fan turned on. I hear a clicking noise and a humming sound for a few seconds and then it cuts out and then it trys again every 10-15 minutes. Any ideas on what problem may be?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

you need to replace the compressor start relay,

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
this just plugs onto the side of the compressor, you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Start-Device/1159182 for $28.00, you can replace this yourself, hope this helps, thanks Bryan