Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I replaced the valve at the back bottom of there the water

Customer Question
lines come in, also has...
I replaced the valve at the back bottom of there the water lines come in, also has 2 electrical connectors. Put it all back together, turned the water back on, and water is pouring out of my ice maker. What's next?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/1/2010
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech replied 7 years ago
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
disconnect the icemaker and tell me if the water still runs in please
Not sure how to do that? Do I just pull it out of the freezer?
send me the model number again or tell me if the ice bucket sets on the door or under the icemaker
Bucket is on the door
open the door, remove the screw on the bottom next to the right side wall, remove the plastic cover and pull the icemaker out and unplug it
ok, thank you Larry. I should be home around 2pm, AZ time. I will do that and then shoot you a message. What do I do after I pull it out?
after you get it out then shout back and we can go from there
I just cancelled the appointment I was running out for, so I am going to do it now..... give me a minute.
ok
ice maker is out
is the water turned on and water still coming out the fill tube?
I will turn it on now.
ok ,, thanks
no its not coming out anywhere.
plug the icemaker back up without installing it and tell me if water starts coming in
not leaking. infared light is still blinking. it looks like there is some ice made in the the ice maker, but nothing has been sent to the bucket
it will take a while for the ice to eject and go into the bucket ,, the valve was just hung, put it back together and let it ride ,, i believe it will be ok
Appliance Tech Larry
Cool, I will check back with you this afternoon. Thanks Larry!
Still no ice Larry,,,,,,,,,,
sorry but i was gone for the evening ,, do you have any ice in the bucket now?
It looks like it has made about 5 cubes since yesterday when I put it back together. Red light is still blinking.
let it go until tomorrow and then tell me how much ice it made
ok
I'll be online in the morning if you need me ,, thanks
No ice Larry. Did the test on the sensors, also took them out and cleaned them. Light stays steady when I close the flap. Water is on and working. Thoughts?
squeeze the fill tube at the rear of the icemaker coming from the ceiling and tell me if it feels frozen
No it doesn't. Plus, water was running right through there 3 days ago...
look at the icemaker and tell me where the ejector fingers that push the ice out of the icemaker are pointing now please
up and toward the front
take the valve back and swap it
I ordered it from DD Appliance supply online. I just sent them an email to see how I can get another one. So you are assuming this one is faulty?
yes i do believe it is
They are telling me there is no way it is that pice that went bad again. It has made a couple of pieces of ice, but thats it over night....
only a couple cubes?
yes, probably 10
feel in the icemaker and tell me if you feel ice and from the front to the back?
I feel ice in there, and the little fingers have moved since I checked yesterday.
do you have a way to check the temp in the freezer
Not really. Is colder better? I had it set on the left side of the B, and have moved it to the center of the C yesterday.
the colder the better in the freezer for the icemaker to run and make ice
Should I turn it even more? C seems to be the coldest but it does allow for it to go a little past. What else could be the issue?
set it on c and it should be cold enough to make ice faster
I will try that and let it run today. I will get back with you in the morning. Thanks Larry!
10 cubes in the past 2 days. Doesn't look like we got anything overnight
remove the inside back panel in the freezer and tell me how much if any frost is on the coil behind the panel
ok, that should be fun...... I will work on that this afternoon,
ok ,, thanks
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry