Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Hello, I have a Bosch Dishwasher SHU 33A06UC, purchased

I have a Bosch Dishwasher SHU 33A06UC, purchased Jan 2006. It stopped working 2 days ago. The unit turns on but no water comes in. I hear a small constant sound but I don't here the louder sound I'm accustomed to hear (the pump perhaps?). I've checked water feed under and it appears to be unchanged and not leaking.

One thing to note: we were having plumbing work in basement the last time it was running, and the water to the apartment was turned off near the end of its cycle (it has since been turned back on). Could lack of water while running have damaged the pump or some other part?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Pour hot water into the tub until the base of the tub is covered in water from side to side and front to back. Once the unit has water in it, the cycle should continue to run until it completes. It sounds like the water was turned off in the middle of the cycle so it missed one of it's fill cycles and the dishwasher doesn't recognize that (has no way to detect that since the fill is a timed cycle)