Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

Kenmore Elite Dishwasher--Model #665 16932000--Serial #FL4707962 PROBLEM--standing

Kenmore Elite Dishwasher--Model #665 16932000--Serial #FL4707962
PROBLEM--standing water (1" deep) when the washer is finished. In between cycles it will drain a little lower but never to the plastic grating. When it turns off, it sometimes takes 2 drain cycles to drain it.
Things I have done--First I unhooked the drain and blew thrugh the line with no ristriction from the pump outlet to the sink. I did not take apart every connection, just blew air through it with my mouth.
I removed the main pump and all looks OK.
I installed a new drain pump #661658, this did not help.
I installed a new check valve #8268375, the old one appeared to be swolen compared to the new one, this did not help.
I havent done anything with the thermister down stream from the drain pump. Looking inside the hose I cant see anything sticking down as is shown in the parts section.
I am sure i'm missing something simple.
Thank you for the help.
Mark Sadler
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 6 years ago.
do you have a disposal
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yes--I have the disposal plumed into the left sink. The disposal drain crosses over to drain the right sink. The dishwasher drain is attached to a vacume breaker above the right sink and drains into the right sink drain before the "P" trap.

remove the drain hose from the disposal that comes from the dishwasher and check the neck of the disposal
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Larry--I got to thinking about the vacuum breaker and took it apart and found a plug. It works as new now. Thank you for your time and please keep the fee. I just knew it was simple, just wish I would have thought of it before buying parts.

Mark

Glad i could help you with your problem today so please press the accept button for me before you leave so i may be paid ,, Thanks