Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

When lighting 3 of the 5 burners, including the central burner,

Customer Question
the central burner electrode continues...
When lighting 3 of the 5 burners, including the central burner, the central burner electrode continues to spark after the burner is lit. Have throughly cleaned the burner assemblies and electrodes but problem not corrected.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
11/1/2010
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Make sure the flame of th burner is touching the electrodes, that is what sends the signal back to the spark module to tell the module to stop clicking because the flame is lit. If the electrodes are clean and the flame touches the electrode but it still won't stop clicking, you need to take the top cover of the cooktop off and replace the spark module inside the cooktop. The spark module is a 3" x 5" plastic box with lots of wires going into it.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc