Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

GE Profile Washer (WPRE6100G1WT - think thats it - faded)

Customer Question
GE Profile Washer (WPRE6100G1WT -...
GE Profile Washer (WPRE6100G1WT - think that's it - faded) about 4 to 5 years old. It will fill with water but will not agitate or spin. The timer (digital) contines to run down (machine is silent after filling) until it gets to where the drain and spin cycle should start and then it doesn't spin (no noise) but will drain normally. However, the drain motor continues to run even after the machine is fully drained. It will do this until the timer completes the wash cycle. Basically, the only thing working is the fill and drain. I am thinking it might be the magnetic lid switch but not sure. Help please.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
11/1/2010
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Actually the lid switch would stop the unit from draining as well if it were bad. Try to reset the inverter board on your motor. To reset, turn the washer off. Then disconnect power for about 20 seconds. Next, reconnect power then open and close the lid five or more times within 12 seconds in the first 30 seconds of power-up.

Run another cycle and see if the unit works correctly. If it still doesn't agitate or spin, you'll need to order and replace the motor (which has the inverter board on it) because it's just faulty. Below is a link to the motor you'd need to order and replace if you wanted to fix the problem.

CLICK HERE

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc