Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Frigidaire gas stove thermostat malfunctions constantly, it

takes over half an hour...
Frigidaire gas stove thermostat malfunctions constantly, it takes over half an hour for the unit to register 350 degrees, then there's no way to be sure it's correct. Had the computer board replaced once already for the same problem. What's the deal with these? It was purchased in late 2003, model FGF355AS
11/1/2010
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, my name isXXXXX am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

THis is happening because of a failing oven igniter, replace the igniter in the oven with part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN You can order the parts you need from the following places, http://www.apwagner.com/, http://www.repairclinic.com/, http://www.searspartsdirect.com/, or http://www.partstore.com/, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK should not be given, I am willing if my advice is not SATISFACTORY to give you a refund of your deposit. I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

If you are on a SUPSCRIPTION PLAN for JustAnswers you still need to press the GREEN ACCEPT button, you will not be charged more than you monthly subscription rate you have??

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

If possible will please leave me Positive feedback as we are graded on our help to you. If you cannot leave Positive feedback please let me know why so I can try to help more.

What about the gas smell that I get sometimes? The oven is actually on and trying to heat up, all connections seem tight, so why would it smell like a leak?
Very good question, if the igniter does not pull the correct amperages, the valve that controls the gas malfunctions then leaving gas smells, this can be every time or sometimes, depending how bad the igniter is, this would also explain your cooking temps in the oven also...
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
You were right on the money with your answer! That's probably why you're an expert. The repair man totally was on the same page when he diagnosed the problem. However, he charged me $85 for the part (he said that's his company's price) and another $135 for the installation. If my husband was handy, we could have done this job for less since the cost of the part is about $66 so we could have saved the installation cost. And the repair man said the same thing about the gas smell. So I am thankful for people like you who try to give us great advice at a reasonable cost and would be thrilled to refer others to this wonderful service. Thanks so much!! I wish I could afford to give you a bonus, but this just wiped out my bank account until payday in 2 weeks. Thanks again.
Just you thanking me is more than enough BONUS for me, I am glad that I was able to help you with your problem.. If you ever need more help, come back and see me, I would love to help you with your appliance questions in the future...
Do you also handle furnace questions?
My furnace calls for heat and I can hear that, but the fan does not kick in automatically. We can turn the fan on manually, but then it just stays on, even when the thermostat recognizes that the temperature has risen and it no longer needs to keep burning. The fan stays on until we shut it down again. Already replaced thermostat in living room.
On the furnace itself there should be a small thermostat, most are adjustable some are fixed, you will need to check that to repair this problem, this controls the blower automatically.
Chas
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician