Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Why does my glass keep getting black with soot on it We had

Customer Question
Why does my glass keep...
Why does my glass keep getting black with soot on it? We had the propane people here a few days ago to adjust the gas on the outdoor tank. Would that have anything to do with the flow of gas to the logs? Or is this something entirely different. We have cleaned both sides of the fireplace at least 3 times now, but everytime we turn it on, after 20 minutes or so, soot starts to collect on the glass. We have majestic 2-sided fireplace, and also a fan insert that goes out each side also. Any help would be appreciated. Karen Wilhelm
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/1/2010
Appliance Technician: Barry G., Home Appliance Technician replied 7 years ago
Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Hi Karen,

Please call them back,

You are definitely having a flow control problem. Especially if you see this occurring on more than one appliance. There is a flow regulator thats out of adjustment or needs replaced.

Barry

Edited by Barry G on 11/1/2010 at 10:02 AM EST
stove is not longer getting black after propane tank fuel (?) was adjusted. I am sorry I don't know what it is called. We called a Majestic Dealer today, he seems to think we may have an airflow problem, since the unit is enclosed. Maybe a hornets nest in the chimney. My husband is now checking it out. Will Let you know.
Ok, thats quite possible. I thought it was really odd that 2 were happening at the same time. That just did not sound right to me.

Thats great we always want to know, please that would be nice.

Barry
Barry G.
Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician