Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

my front load maytag washer will not start code F-01

Customer Question
my front load maytag washer...
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/1/2010
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

F1 means that the unit has detected an internal short in the main control board under your top panel. You can try to unplug the unit for 60 seconds to see if it will reset, but if it doesn't help and the error comes back then you just need to order and replace the control board which is about a $200 part.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc