How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kelly Your Own Question
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 22261
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Kelly is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a GE Spacemaker microwave. JVM131001. How do I change

Resolved Question:

I have a GE Spacemaker microwave. JVM131001. How do I change the bulbs for the light underneath the microwave? It shines on the range. Can't figure out how to access it.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 years ago.

Hi, thanks for using It looks like you will need to remove the cover plate to the bulbs, number 1238 in the picture. You should then have access to replace the bulbs.



Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I know, but how to I get in to the cover plate. It seems like it's all one piece - the bottom of the microwave.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 years ago.
You need to remove all the screws along the bottom. The rear of the bottom panel is hooked to the wall plate and acts like a hinge when the screws are removed. Be sure to unplug the microwave before doing this because you may need to unplug the turntable motor depending on how long the leads are.
Kelly and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you