Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Have a GE Profile refrigerator side by side. No water being

Have a GE Profile refrigerator...
Have a GE Profile refrigerator side by side. No water being dispensed. Pulled water filter. Water in filter is frozen. Replaced filter. Is it possible water tank is frozen? Noticed temperature was at 32. Should be at 37 which is setting. Just had the part which regulates the air temperature inside of the non-freezer section replaced. Moving the setting to higher to get to 37. If water tank is frozen and is the issue, will it thaw at a higher setting and what damage could occur?

Fred Towler [email protected]
11/1/2010
John, Home Appliance Technician

Thanks for the question.

If the water filter is frozen you can bet the reservoir is as well its at the bottom inside the fridge, the 32 deg setting is too cold thats why it froze, setting to 37 deg will fix the problem but the reservoir has to be thawed out first.

How do you thaw the reservoir? What additional information do you need?

Fred

You thaw the reservoir with a hair blower till thawed then raise the fridge temp to 37 deg.

Got it. Any potential damage to the water tank using this approach? Anything I need to watch out for until it thaws? Regarding the temperature setting, I set the temperature to 38. Digital is reading 36. Assume should leave as is. Very satisfied with your first answers. Makes sense.

Fred

No theres no chance of damage and the 36 setting is also a good temp but not any colder especially if the water disp isn't used that often.

Thanks for all your assistance.

Fred.

Your welcome Fred.

Thanks and God Bless.

John, Home Appliance Technician
John, Home Appliance Technician