Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

i have a commercial waring toaster, 4 slice and now it will

Customer Question
not stay down when it...
i have a commercial waring toaster, 4 slice and now it will not stay down when it is depressed and it does not heat i imagine because it is not staying down. what needs to be done to it and can i do it myself or where can i get this repaired near here we are in elizabeth, nj., union county and what do they have to do to repair it.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/1/2010
Appliance Technician: Craig, Electrical Technician replied 7 years ago
Craig
Craig, Electrical Technician

Craig :

I've seen this before, it's probably full of crumbs. Take it over to the sink and shake it out. First flip it upside down and pull the little handle to open the bottom hatch door. Use a can of compressed air if you have any and blow it out. That will probably clean the thermal latch on the front lever, and allow it to lock when you move the lever down to toast.

craig what other information do you need. i will look at the toaster and get the model and serial numbers. the toaster is only one to two years old. i will be back on.
craig what other information do you need. i will look at the toaster and get the model and serial numbers. the toaster is only one to two years old. i will be back on. we have a different computer and i am not that familiar with it so please be patient.

i guess i had the wrong patience lol. i did make sure that i cleaned out all the crumbs and turned it upside down last week and was surprised how much crumbs came out after i took the crumb tray out. i did not mention it because i make sure that i turn it upside down when cleaning it every so often. the model number is XXXXX 708.
Take a look inside again on the end with the latching lever to hold it down. It is probably just blocked with crumbs. Clean it good around that end so it can latch. USe a small brush or something to poke around in that area and see what you can do. That's usually all it is.
Craig
Craig
Craig, Electrical Technician