Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a SE50T12AAG GE Smart Water Electric Water Heater-

Hello! I have a SE50T12AAG GE...
Hello!
Today we noticed that we are not getting hot water anymore. Is there a fuse or something else that need to be replaced or a control of some sort? Heater is 6.5 years old
We also have a water softener that feeds into the water heater.
I did just drain the water heater and there was a lot of sediment when it first started to drain. Kind of clogged, then cleared up.
Thanks,
Ken
10/31/2010
RUSS
RUSS, SERVICE TECHNICIAN
RUSS :

HI behind a cover near the bottom of the heater is a RED button....push it. If you get a solid click after some force,then give it 30 min to see if it is workking. IF NOT, make sure the circuit breaker are off and then disconnect the heating elements and check them for continuity with a volt ohm meter. IF OPEN replace the bad element. THANKS

Customer:

Hello!Is this the "RESET" button. It is at the top of the heater. I tried pushing that already and it does not seem to give much a of a solid click. Not much movement. No improvement.

RUSS :

ok then look behind the "door " toward the bottom of the heater for another red button on a black box....if not there, then the other checks are needed. thanks

Customer:

I just checked the curcuit breaker. I flipped back and forth, went back to the water heater and now a little red light on the outside of the water heater is on, so I am hoping that means power is getting to the unit. It was not on earlier.

RUSS :

you may have fixed it.......if it stays on,give it 30 to 40 min and run some hot water closest to the heater.......THANKS AND HAPPY SHOWERING!

Customer:

Thanks. I will check it out in 30 minutes.

RUSS :

YOU ARE VERY WELCOME. LET ME KNOW.

Customer:

Looks like the water heater is working again. Sometimes the most obvious thing should be checked.

Customer:

Thanks.

RUSS
RUSS, SERVICE TECHNICIAN
THANKS VERY MUCH...I REALLY DID NOT EXPECT YOU TO ACCEPT..I DID NOT DO ALL THAT MUCH IF ANYTHING AT ALL! You can request a refund if you wish and I will not be offended in any way.
Well. I understand, but if it was not the obvious then you would have taken it further.
THANK YOU FOR THIS GOD BLESS
RUSS
RUSS
RUSS, SERVICE TECHNICIAN