Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a bosch sms 6022 dishwasher and water is not coming

Customer Question
I have a bosch...
I have a bosch sms 6022 dishwasher and water is not coming into it on the wash cycle. I can hear the pump working but no water
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
10/12/2010
Appliance Technician: Techdesk, Field Service Engineer replied 7 years ago
Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer

Hiya,

What happens if you cancel the programme and start a new one?

The drain pump should run first.

The drain pump should stop.

Water should come in.

Is your drain pump running all the time?

Thanks

I put some water in it and started again to check the drain pump. It pumped out all right then it stopped and the dial stopped at that point and is not advancing to pump water in. When I manually advance it no water pumps in either

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

The first part of the sequence works ok.

When it gets to the part where it should fill, do you hear a hum from the inlet valve?

(This may be a large item attached to the house plumbing).

Thanks

yes, I hear a hum. When I open the door of the dishwasher it is clear that the water has been moving as there is a slurp but there is no additional water. There is also a churning like a washing sound

Hiya,

Sorry, I asked earlier if the drain pump was running all the time.

When you responded you said it had stopped.

Now, in your last post, you appear to intimate that something is running with the door open.

Is the drain pump running when you open the door?

Thanks

Sorry, I don't mean to be unclear. The sequence is that I put water in the dishwasher from an external bowl. I started a new program. The pump started and drained the excess water. The program switch did not advance so I left it for a while then advanced it manually. I could hear a hum and a "swishing" sound but no sound of water in the pipes. I opened the door and the little water that was in the washer was jumping in both the inlet and outlet areas. Hope this is clearer but there is no water pumping into the washer from the inlet hole.

Hiya,

OK, by manually advancing the timer you started the wash motor.

This isn't part of the fault you have.

The fault you have is the aqua stop is locked out.

At the connection point to the house drains, is there a large attachment to the water supply hose?

(The parts diagram seems to show 3 different methods of supply hose).

Thanks

ok, can i fix it and how?

Hiya,

I asked if you had an aquastop fitted to the supply valve.

You didn't respond to my question.

I'll assume that you do.

Attached to the house plumbing should be the aquastop.

Unplug the appliance.

Turn the water off.

Disconnect the aquastop from the plumbing and lower it down so it's flat on the floor.

A little water may come out of it.

Wait 1 minute.

Refit the aquastop and partially open the water valve, just open it a little.

Try the machine again.

Does any water trickle into the appliance?

Thanks

Hi, I found the acqua stop ( a grey box with a lightning bolt on it). I disconnected it from the tap and laid it flat. I then reattached it and tried the washer again. You could hear the water rush down the pipe to the washer but when it got to the fill cycle it stopped again and no water that I could see came through.

HI, are you there?

Hiya,

Sorry for the delay, having computer problems at the moment.

Did you open the valve fully or just a small amount?

If you opened it fully then it will have locked out again if there's a blockage in the machine.

Try again, open the valve a little.

Thanks

Hi, sorry it took so long to get back to it. Are you still interested? I tried the advice above and no water is trickling into the machine.

Hiya,

Sorry, I've got nothing else I can offer on this.

It's suggesting a timer fault or wiring fault but I've no way to prove this without being there and using specialist test equipment.

I'll opt out of the question and open it to all experts again.

Hopefully one of them can help further.

Good luck with it.

Thanks

John, Home Appliance Technician