Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Hello,I am in need of some help with finding a fix for

Customer Question
Hello, I am in need of...

I am in need of some help with finding a fix for my washing machine. I have a Kenmore HE 5T, model number either 4708 or 4709 and the serial number is XXXXX About 6 weeks ago I put a load of laundry in and the power was on but as I went to press start it just beeped at me. Tried unplugging it but did the same thing. When I attempted it the next day it simply beeped and the power would not actually come on. I called a technician and he figured it was the main computer board which he ordered for $150 but when it was installed the machine did the exact same thing. Regardless, the repair man never returned our future calls so we are still in the same boat. He tested the power coming from the plug-in to the first power board in the front right corner of the machine. From there he determined that the board was faulty and needed to be replaced. Any ideas?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
10/10/2010
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

this model # XXXXX't come up can you open the door and check the tag on the inside, thanks Bryan

The model number is XXXXX 47089 600 and the serial number is XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNN
the biggest issue is the door latch assembly in these , its not sending a signal to the board so the machine just beeps thinking the door is open, have him replace the latch assembly, thanks Bryan
I cannot set any settings with the door open or closed. If this was the problem, shouldn't I be able to set the type of wash before closing the door?

did he replace this assembly ?

or was it just a board in side the machine, do you know the part # XXXXX replaced?

He only replaced the part in the inside on the front right-hand side. The part label says Bitron Grugliasco (Italy) 2 Type 11728.
ok I thought he replaced the parts shown above, thats what you need it the control panel , thats why you cant set anything and it wont respond, replace that and your all set, sorry for the confusion, thanks Bryan
Is that something I can replace myself? If so, what is the part numbers for the front panel?

these can be tricky to do yourself and it runs around $224.00 for the kit, they call it a kit because they needed to put the two parts together as a kit so it would work correctly, heres a link to the part.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Kenmore-elite-Parts/Washer-Parts/Model-11047089600/0583/0153200/K0703005/00003?blt=06&prst=&shdMod= its part # XXXXX on the diagram but it also comes with part # XXXXX as far as I can see,

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
hope this helps, thanks Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician