S.E.Thomas
S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance
23707800

I finally got around to taking the back off the range (been

I finally got around to taking the back off the range (been using hotplates and microwaves all this time!), so now how do I find the part number for the master control board? I want to shop around and see if I can get a decent price on one, but want to make sure I'm looking for the right part.

Thanks!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  S.E.Thomas replied 6 years ago.

S.E.Thomas :

we need your complete model and serial number in order to get you the correct part number

S.E.Thomas :

are you there?

JACUSTOMER-b97e4mql- :

Can't seem to find the model number or serial number anywhere on the range. I'm sure I'm not looking in the right place, but don't know where else to look. I checked:

JACUSTOMER-b97e4mql- :
  • Inside both oven doors, and around the edges of the doors
JACUSTOMER-b97e4mql- :
  • On the back panel.
JACUSTOMER-b97e4mql- :
  • Inside the back panel
JACUSTOMER-b97e4mql- :
  • All around the master control board
JACUSTOMER-b97e4mql- :
  • On the sides of the unit
JACUSTOMER-b97e4mql- :

Where would the SN plate be?

S.E.Thomas :

these ranges have a metal tag that is screwed to the top back edge of the control panel. it will fold up so that you can read it from the front.

JACUSTOMER-b97e4mql- :

Okay - got it. The Model # XXXXX XXXXX and Serial number isNNN-NN-NNNN

S.E.Thomas :

ok sorry i was offline with some connection problems. the correct part number for this is 5701M403-60 and crosses over to AP4396791at www.appliancepartspros.com. this is one of the cheapest places you will find it but you can also check www.appliancezone.com and www.sears.com. the price at appliance parts pros is $253.65. they also have it in stock.

S.E.Thomas :

regular price is around $390

JACUSTOMER-b97e4mql- :

That's not as bad as I'd feared. It looks like the control board and display board are two separate parts, is that right?

S.E.Thomas :

no it is all one unit. i will send you a picture of it

JACUSTOMER-b97e4mql- :

Great, thanks!

S.E.Thomas :

AppliancePartsPros.com | Control Panel replacement parts for Maytag MER6769BAW Freestanding - <a href=Double Oven - Electric" width="100" height="100">
Full Size Image

S.E.Thomas :

it is number 4 in the picture

JACUSTOMER-b97e4mql- :

In that picture it looks like it's housed in a box, but mine looks like a couple of boards mounted in a kind of rack. Does that seem right?

JACUSTOMER-b97e4mql- :

And last question (you're definitely getting a bonus, by the way): Apart from hooking this thing up to all the jumpers and connectors, is there anything else I need to do, like initialize it or anything? Or will it pretty much just fire up and run the range if I have hooked it up properly?

S.E.Thomas :

yes. it never looks the same in the pictures. you wont have to do anything once it is installed. it is preprogrammed and ready to go. just be careful not to cross any wires. it is best not to remove the old one till you have the new one. then switch the wires from the old one to the new one, one at a time. then you know you cant mess it up.

S.E.Thomas :

you still there?

S.E.Thomas :

i have to step out for a bit. if you have any other questions just post them and i will reply as soon as i get back.

S.E.Thomas :

if not, thank you and you are very welcome. thanks for using just answer as well.

S.E.Thomas :

i am back and see you have not accepted. is there something else i can do for you?

JACUSTOMER-b97e4mql- :

That's it. Thank you for your help. I will order and install this part this week and let you know if I have any further questions.