Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a model SHV66A03UC/14 dishwasher. I dont think its

Customer Question
I have a model SHV66A03UC/14...
I have a model SHV66A03UC/14 dishwasher. I don't think it's broken. But someone has messed with the control panel and I don't know which buttons to push to get a normal, maybe 60- or 90-minute wash with hot water.
I've tried a couple random combinations but the machine appears to be using only cold water and the time it takes is maybe twice what the button indicates.
I am, uh, hosting a big party today and tomorrow for the Chicago Marathon! Can you help? Thank you.
Patty
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
10/9/2010
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

so this fills with water but doesn't heat it? does it run the whole cycle through?

It fills with water. No heat. It takes longer than "90 minutes" (maybe 2 hours) and does not appear to go through the drying cycle. Also, the soap in the cup remains in the cup.
unfortunately this means the heating element is bad,

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
this is something a tech would need to replace however,these are buried in the machine underneath, the whole machine would need to be removed to repair this, its a common problem with these, theres not much you can do accept call a tech , sorry, thanks Bryan
Well, call a technician is not the answer I was looking for. Sorry.
well I gave you the answer its the element, if you can find an element today i can tell you that the element is on the right side looking from the front once you full the machine out of the cabinets and take the side panel off if that helps. thats about all we can do from here, sorry, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Ok. Good point. I was hoping that there was a simpler solution that I could do myself. I will accept your answer.
ok thanks, XXXXX XXXXX there was an easy button for you but unfortunately there isn't, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician