Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hi, I have a GE Monogram double convection, double self

Customer Question

I have a GE Monogram double convection, double self cleaning oven that the indicator light is always staying lit, even when the oven is off. I tried to use the self clean function, and it ran the fan for 3 hours, but never heated and never locked the door. It has a new element, so I know it is not the element. I wonder if it is the motherboard? If so, would it matter if the motherboard were not exactly the same as the model number, because I do not have the model/ serial number sticker. I sent my form with that information to GE but they claim they don't have it. I think it is between 2004 and 2009

It is model zet1058
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

the board is no longer available unfortunately

let me do some more research, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Can a newer mother board be used? Or is my oven scrap now?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok, is this the motherboard or just a timer?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
that is the clock timer, is the light thats staying on away from this near the oven control?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Would any newer model motherboard work in this oven? I could send a photo if that would help determine the model. I feel because of the self cleaning issue that maybe this is more than just the timer. Any thoughts?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

let me take a look,

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
I believe its the relay board thats the issue in your, cant get a picture of it but Sears has it listed as. part # XXXXX $59.00 you can get it for $52.00 @ http://www.appliancepartspros.com/part_details.aspx?part_id=3415756&pn_=WB02X10415 this runs the oven and a relay is stuck on it. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The light is the heating light for both upper and lower ovens
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
yes and its all controlled by the relay board, thats the problem, when a relay on the board gets stuck the light stays on , the only other thing I can think of is a bad door lock assembly but I don't think thats an issue in yours because of the light.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Okay Perfect!!! I appreciate all your help, even the lookup of a cheaper price!!
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok thanks and have a nice weekend, Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you!! Have a nice weekend as well!
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok, thanks