S.E.Thomas
S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance
23707800

I need to replace the ice maker bin/tray in a bottom freezer

I need to replace the ice maker bin/tray in a bottom freezer Kitchen Aid. Did not come with one.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  S.E.Thomas replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
S.E.Thomas :

do you just need the ice bin?

JACUSTOMER-3ml26nb8- :

Yes. Very Annoying. It did not come with one nor did the ice maker they are going to install for me.

JACUSTOMER-3ml26nb8- :

Was not an option to get it with the ice maker. New bottom freezer model.

S.E.Thomas :

the bin is actually with the ice maker kits when the are sold and installed.

S.E.Thomas :

let me see what i can find

JACUSTOMER-3ml26nb8- :

No. The "right kit" does not include one and from googling around, most of them seem to not include them anymore. Can you help me find a bin?

S.E.Thomas :

i sell around 25 a month and have NEVER sold one that did not include the bin. give me one min

JACUSTOMER-3ml26nb8- :

The whole process has been annoying. I am having my house remodeled and the guy installing everything could not install it because the screw holes on it don't line up with the ones on the refrig. Tomorrow Pacific Sales is sending out someone who installs these for a living. And costing me. But no bin...

S.E.Thomas :

if the holes did not line up they did not get the correct part number. they also sold you a replacement ice maker and not the entire ice maker kit. let me find some part numbers for you

JACUSTOMER-3ml26nb8- :

FYI. The kit they had me buy for it (per KitchenAid) is Whirlpool AMKIT02. The instruction book indicates it is for initial installation and shows no bin included...

S.E.Thomas :

when i look up this model number of the frig itself it shows that the bin came with the unit. you say there was not one with the frig correct?

JACUSTOMER-3ml26nb8- :

Correct.

S.E.Thomas :

you can order this at www.appliancepartspros.com at a discounted price. i will send you the part number and price.

S.E.Thomas :

are you still there?

JACUSTOMER-3ml26nb8- :

I see this. KitchenAid is not listed. Do you think it will fit?

S.E.Thomas :

yes. if you look up your model number it says this came with the unit

S.E.Thomas :

it does not list kitchen aid because that is what i looked up. it is showing what else it will fit

JACUSTOMER-3ml26nb8- :

OK. I will give it a try. I've spent more than enough time and frustration on this issue of the ice maker itself and the bin! I hope they can get it installed tomorrow. I expected Pacific Sales to know what to order for me!

S.E.Thomas :

are you there?

S.E.Thomas :

they should have. oh well. glad i could help. please dont forget to accept. thank you and your welcome.

JACUSTOMER-3ml26nb8- :

Yes. Sorry. Hitting Accept Now.