Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We have Amana washer NFW7200TW, ser. 11026326RA. When washer

Customer Question

We have Amana washer NFW7200TW, ser. 11026326RA.
When washer is set to start on any cycle a little water is started then it stops and will not
continue. We have vacumed the water out and tried again and it will do same thing.
When put to drain and spin it does not do anything will not go into drain mode. Only way it will try and start is if we extract the little water out of the bottom.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

you need to check the drain pump for obstructions.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
if this wont drain it will stop. thats the first thing to check, part # XXXXX on this diagram,

Register Here
you take the back panel off to get to it, it a pain to reach though, pull the hoses and check for obstructions. let me know, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you,

We are on a reserch ship off the Hawaii, I will put the washer out again in the morning as I have to close the room to the crew during this process as we do not have a lot of space.

If the pump is clear what would be the next step that I can try?

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well if the pump is clear then its a control board problem unfortunately. and you cant fix that with a board, tell me does the door lock and lock light come on?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This morning when I tried it the lock light did light up with some delay. Delay which seemed a little longer than normal, but not with the clicking sounds we would normally hear. Also when the water does start to run in the wash cycle light does not light up.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok its sounds more like a door lock issue now.

Register Here
were you able to open the door after this locked? if the lock assembly is bad the machine wont run, i believe thats whats happening to yours. same thing though it would need to be replaced, ,check the pump anyway to make sure. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Last question,

Do you know of a rep for service and parts in Maui, Hi.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ISLAND APPLIANCE SALES & SERVI346 AHAKEA ST, LANAI CITY, HI (808)559-0856
Alt. #:(NNN) NNN-NNNN
this is the only service company I can find for Hi.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
your welcome, best wishes, Bryan