Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We are trying to install a kitchenaid hood KHTU765SSS without

Customer Question
venting using a recirculating kit...
We are trying to install a kitchenaid hood KHTU765SSS without venting using a recirculating kit which we also purchased however the unit comes with the motor mounting plate and which has the first part of the exhaust tubing attached.
Should there not be a plate to block this?
Do we still have to drill a big hole in our wall or cabinet above to accomodate this??

We simply want to install it cover over the hole but it is extruded...and use one of the 2 black filter units that come with the recirculating kit?

How does this work..I don't want to drill a big hole. I have 2 expensive electricians on site in my kitchen waiting for advice??

Many thanks
Gordon Schofield
King City Ontario
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
10/1/2010
Appliance Technician: MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 years ago
MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
You need to purchase a kit to make this recirculate. The parts to do so ARE NOT included with the hood. The instructions mention this.
I already know this and we purchsed it. We purchased the kit as indicated we are using the recirulating kit which amounts to 2 filters that go on either side of the motor BUT my issue is that there is still an extruded hole with airflow going out the top as it normally would and this should be blocked somehow

The blower must be rotated so the air discharges in the correct direction. You will still need to cut a hole to accommodate the flange if needed as the only other option you have is to cut it off the plate.

So, what else is needed here for this HIGH URGENCY issue? Usually when there is no reply my answer was correct and what you needed.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
What is not complete?
MRANSWER
MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician