How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask The Home Smithy Your Own Question
The Home Smithy
The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 9622
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
The Home Smithy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to replace the rubber gasket around my freezer door

Customer Question

I need to replace the rubber gasket around my freezer door but can't seem to find a replacement part anywhere. I have a GE freezer from 1991 (model #CAF19DMB). Could I possibly use another seal from another brand or model? If so, which one?

Thanks for you help ahead of time!

Liz C.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 6 years ago.

Hi, Liz. Welcome to JustAnswer.
If the answer I provide for you is helpful, please click 'ACCEPT'. I won't be paid if you don't.

PLEASE CLICK HERE for the parts breakdown for your unit. it is part #8 in the breakdown and list.

Unfortunatly the part is no longer available through my parts suppliers.

You can try calling them as they may be able to locate you one. This will require that you call the supplier though.


Please let me know if you require further information, or assistance.

If not, please click on accept.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Basically, you told me what I already knew. And, I asked if there was another seal I could use, which you didn't answer. So, sorry, but I refuse to pay for what I already knew.