Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

Hello, I have a Whirlpool Gold refridgerator, model# GT1SHTXMQ01,

Customer Question

Hello, I have a Whirlpool Gold refridgerator, model# XXXXX serial# XXXXX that is only six years old and is leaking water in the back on the inside of it, and sometimes iceing up. What is going on? Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX XXX-XXX-XXXX,[email protected]
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 6 years ago.
Hello, I'm Larry and here to try to help you with your problem today so please say on line ,, it may be only a few minutes before i can help

is water building up under the crisper's in the bottom of the fridge?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
one minute let me check
ok thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Larry,

Yes there is water builing up under the crispers in the bottom of the fridge.

the drain is stopped up or frozen ,, remove everything from the freezer and then remove the inside back panel where the fan is and pour hot water into the troft at the bottom back below the coils unit the ice is melted and the drain hole opens, once water drains out of the drain hole as it should then put the back in and clean up the water and it will be fine then and will stop the ice and leaking ,, Glad i could help you with your problem today so please hit the accept button for me before you leave so i may be paid ,, Thanks
i will be off line for rest of the day to take my insulin and rest up so if you need more information please ask now or please hit the accept button for me or i will be back in the morning / thanks Larry
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok, I believe I understand what to do; however, what if I get stuck while I'm in the middle of your instructions?
i will be on and off so just send me a note and i will help you out and here is a cheater i do,,
the take a piece of solid cooper wire and wrap one end around the heating element and drop other end into the drain hole about 2 inches and put the freezer back together and it will keep it from doing this again
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks!
you are very welcome