How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Frigidaire Dishwasher (model # MBD124BFS2). My dishwasher

This answer was rated:

Frigidaire Dishwasher (model # XXXXX). My dishwasher leaks where the heating element plugs into the base of the tub. It appears the female part has corroded and water leaks past and through the the tub at this point. Is this repairable by replacing the heating element?

these are the nuts that hold the element in

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
is this what corroded?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes. That is the part. Upon further inspection, one is corroded, and water is dripping from the other one. The washer (flat, white, and long enough to go around both nuts.) is also loose.
ok you will need to replace the nuts, you can order these @ hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Bryan and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you