Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have an frs26zrfr and the ice maker quit, i ohmed the water

I have an frs26zrfr and the ice maker quit, i ohmed the water solenoids and each have continuity. It appears that there is nothing turing them on?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

is the ice maker cycling? (fingers turning)?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
they dont appear to be
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok unfortunately this ice maker I don't believe has a module in it,
Replacement icemaker kit. Four round female connectors at end of wire harness. Comes with adapter that converts harness to three round female & one round male connectors.
Appliance Part Mouse OverAppliance Part Mouse OverAppliance Part Mouse OverAppliance Part Mouse Over
Mouse over to see other views. Everything you see is included in this part.
Part 941760
there are no serviceable parts for this one, you will need to replace the ice maker, you can order one @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-frs26zrf-%3d%3dei941760&PartID=941760 hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

my icemaker does not have a pigtail, only the connector end with 3 male and 1 female spade in it. the new one will adapt?

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
yes they give you the adapter with it, they used to sell parts for these years ago but now only sell the whole unit. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
great, last question. Are the water solenoids a common problem. The one water solenoid (first in line as water flows) for the door water is open. Thats a bad one right?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
one side is for water in the door and the other is for the ice maker. its a dual valve , is water comming out the door without pushing the lever?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
nope, i mean electically open. water in door is inop and has been slow for a long time
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
yes it seems the valve may also need replacing, that will take care of the water in the door, you can get that @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-frs26zrf-%3d%3dei1557705&PartID=1557705 well wishes and thanks, Bryan