Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my whirlpool duet front lading washer has started chiming through

my whirlpool duet front lading washer has started chiming through the entire wash cycle. It is the same chime you hear when you set the load settings. The wash is fine, it's just the constant chiming that is driving us crazy.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

can you get me the full model #?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The number is XXXXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
can you recheck the model # XXXXX not comming up. open the door and there will be a tag with the model #, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sorry on the door is WFW9200SQ02
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

thats strange I found the parts on line but when I go to pull up the tech sheets they don't come up under the service tech sheets at Whirlpool, is this an American model?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yes, let me do the number again straight from the sales sheet.

WHWFW92005, does that help

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well the other # XXXXX up for parts but not service sheets , which is the best way to narrow this down, the electronic control is most likely the culprit in this however, this is what is the cause for that usually, you can order this @ http://www.sea rspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/Whirlpool-Parts/Washer-Parts/W10169230/0026/110/Model-WFW9200SQ02/1198/0153200?keySuffixId=NA&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=WFW9200SQ02&subCompDesc=Control%20panel%20parts&brandDesc=WHIRLPOOL&modelDesc=RESIDENTIAL-WASHER&blt=11 and its located under the top on the right side near the front, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If I ordered that part, could I put it in?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
sure , there are screw along the back holding the top on, remove them and lift up the top from the back and pull it out from under the front control panel. the electronic control is on the right side front, near the top. it just plugs in, thanks Bryan