Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

The ice maker is not working properly that I just installed

Customer Question
in my top freezer, model...
The ice maker is not working properly that I just installed in my top freezer, model GTS22WCP. This morning when I went down to make breakfast, I saw water leaking out onto the floor. I opened the fridge and saw ice sheets formed on the shelves. I pulled out the bottom drawers and saw that it was full of water. I pulled out items from the shelves and saw a slow leak from the vent leading from the freezer. I looked in the freezer and saw that the leaking water had formed a sheet of ice in the bottom of the freezer and there was no ice. The water line connecting the ice maker was frozen. I've been reading online about how to determine what the problem is. We will defrost the line and try and figure it out tonight. I have thrown away my installation instructions, so I don't have this now. There was a 6 inch tube that came with the kit that I thought I should have connected somewhere, but I didn't know just what to do with it. thanks for your help! Phil
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
9/1/2010
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech replied 7 years ago
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
the tube sticks into the opening in the freezer in the back and the water comes in and runs down the tube and into the back of the icemaker to fill it to make ice ,, without the tube the water comes in and goes straight to the inside of the freezer ,, you need to install the tube to fix the water problem ,, Glad i could help you with your problem today so please hit the accept button for me before you leave so i may be paid ,, Thanks
Appliance Tech Larry
i will be off line for rest of the day to take my insulin and rest up so if you need more information please ask now or please hit the accept button for me or i will be back in the morning / thanks Larry
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry