esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp
15396620

My kenmore washer filled up with water and stopped! I have

My kenmore washer filled up with water and stopped! I have checked the power source and all is fine there. Is there a way override something to drain the water? Is my washer dead?
Chat Conversation Started
esequiel walker :

if you turn the timer manually will it turn on

Customer :

Where is the timer located

Customer :

I have turned the knob to all the different settings and still nothing is happening

esequiel walker :

hi the big knob thats the timer so u turned it and no response

esequiel walker :

open and close the lid slowly do u hear a click noise

Customer :

No noise at all

esequiel walker :

hi ok there is the reason the timer wont advance the switch clicks and powers up the timer and motor to drain and spin. replace the door switchand this will fix the problem guarranteed . pressing accept for my help pays me thanks

Customer :

How hard is this to do and about how much does it cost? This seems like a very easy solution. Are you really really sure?

esequiel walker :

yes the door switch when you close the lid it activates the timer/motor the complete machine if its bad the machine wont spin or drain the timer wont advance . its easy to install just open the lid and you will see two scres to remove . . the part cost pressing accept for my help pays me thanks

Switch

Part #(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

$ 36.92