Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a jenn air refridgerator. The ice maker is not operating

I have a jenn air refridgerator. The ice maker is not operating & appears to not be filling with water. The water in the door is working properly.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

is the ice maker turning? this has a dual water valve in it one side runs the water in the door the other the ice maker, can you find the model #? try these places,

Appliance Model Illustration thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the model # XXXXX XXXXX 2389DES
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok there is a round plastic tube about 3/4" that goes into the cup at the back of the ice maker, shown here, Part 915772on the right side , check the tube and the cup the water flows into and see if thats frozen, the tube looks like this, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=it comes in through the back of the freezer,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the cup is empty, and I can not tell if the tube is frozen. it feels hard to the touch, but I can't be sure if the plastic is normally that firm.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
it is some what firm, take a hair dryer and try holding it on the tube and see if any ice melts off if not you will need the valve, Part 914955you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-JCD2389DES+-%3d%3dei914955&PartID=914955 if needed, its located in the back where the water line from the house connects. hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The tube was frozen. I used the hair dryer, but it refroze pretty quickly.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you may need to remove the out the back and run it under hot water, is the ice maker over flowing?