Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Thermador PG486GE main oven does not ignite. What I notice

Customer Question
is that in the past...
Thermador PG486GE main oven does not ignite. What I notice is that in the past the oven would signal by flashing lights that ignition had not taken place, now it just keeps on with normal operating lights. I also notice that it makes a click on ignition but no follow up woosh of ignition.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
8/5/2010
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

this should have an oven igniter in it, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=does it ?

It has an igniter but it does not look the picture you sent. It has one white one plain sticking up no cage.
ok you have this one, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
Correct.
ok this has to be replaced, theses get hairline cracks in them and the spark will jump through the crack and ground instead of giving a full spark from the electrode, you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-PG486GE-%3d%3dd690310ei1050123&PartID=1050123 for around $25.00, thanks Bryan
Okay I will order the part.
But what I do not understand is why the lights do not indicate faliure if it is not sparking, could there also be something wrong with the controller?
well you said it still clicks correct, the board cant tell if it sparking correctly, its still possible theres a board problem, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this is not an exact science on line , its hard to know without being there, if this isn't sparking then yes I believe the board has failed,
Okay I will order the board as well.
Please email me the link and I am good to accept.
Thanks for your help.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

well looking through your machine parts i noticed this also,

Ignition device
Appliance Part Mouse OverAppliance Part Mouse OverAppliance Part Mouse Over
Mouse over to see other views. Everything you see is included in this part.
Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=

I cant get the diagrams for this oven however, you may want to look at the different parts in this before ordering, buying parts for this can get expensive and without proper testing tools and manuals you may need a tech, heres a link to all the parts, http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-PG486GE-%3d%3dei1557931&PartID=1557931 wish I could do more. thanks Bryan
Hello Bryan.
I tried a new igniter but it did not work.
This model has 2 ovens, the small oven is working fine and igniting.
It is only the large one that is not.
If the small one is ignition, does this mean I do not need to replace the ignition device as do both ovens use the same ignition device?
The stove that is not working is flashing the following error code:
oven 4 flashes
heating 3 flashes
It does not create a spark.
Help.
Thanks.

I'm not sure if both ovens use the same one, I'm unable to get the diagrams for this so I cant see that, I would call thermadore and ask them at this point,

For dedicated customer service for your Thermador products, please call:
1-800-735-4328
MON-FRI 5AM-6PM PST

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician