Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

hi, Our Fridgidaire washer FEX831FS2 went into its water cycle

hi, Our Fridgidaire washer FEX831FS2 went into its water cycle & stayed in it. It never switched over to rinse. We, we manually clicked it over to rinse & ti didn't respond. Then we tried to shut off and it made a "clonk", then there was a faint burning smell. What do you think it may be. (oh, it sat without being used for about a year, & it's only 2 1/2 yrs old) This was the first time using it again since it sat.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

sounds like the motor has seized up, first tip it back and see if you can turn the pulleys by hand , let me know, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm not sure that Dad wants to try that yet because the repair guy is coming today to try to finish fixing it. And feels if he messes with it, the repair guy will void the service call and say that Dad made the problem worse. And still charge Dad for the the repair. But I passed the info to Dad, and he may fire the repair guy today. I will keep you posted and get back to you if he used your info. thanks for now
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok, well if this is under warranty don't do anything your right they may void the warranty, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I will answer u soon
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
no problem take your time.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the repair guy is telling my dad that the dryer runs on 120v and the washer runs on 240v. and Dad is thinking that that it's 120v for each. Do you know if which is true?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

what kind of cord is on this? is it a big cord ofr a regular cord like on a lamp? the dryer runs on 220 and the washer on 110.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hmmm? good question, I'm not sure about the cord, but I will ask my dad tomorrow.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I told Dad your info of voltage current of each, the washer and dryer. And Dad said the cord is a heavy duty cord, not a thin lamp-style cord. On Monday, the repair guy will return with the part & he shall determine if he can repair it or not. So, I will let you know if it worked or not. Thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok, this is definitely a 220 dryer, the washer is 120 volts, you can see on the motor that its says 115 volts which is basically 120. Part 958670the washer is not 220. let me know what he comes up with , thanks Bryan