Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

When we try to start our duet sport dryer,it just beeps. The

Customer Question

When we try to start our duet sport dryer,it just beeps. The door is closed tightly.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

can you get me the model #? thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
model number is XXXXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok this means the thermal fuse is bad, Part 2986its part # XXXXX on this diagram, remove the panel under the door, # XXXXX on this diagram to access this, you can unplug the dryer and take the two wires of it and tape them together just to test if you don't have a meter, if you have a meter this should have continuity, if it starts with this bypassed change it, do not run the dryer with this bypassed its a safety, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The answer you gave was not correct. It was not the thermal fuse, it was the door switch.It cost me $160 to find that out.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
why didn't you come back and ask more questions?, we would have been glad to help more, we would have work with you more and would have gotten to the door switch , in most cases 90% of the time its the thermal fuse,I did tell you how to test the thermal fuse and if that wasn't it i would have gone on working with you, I'm sorry, thanks Bryan