Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Using an LG portable AC unit. The display blinks P2 (where

Customer Question
Using an LG portable AC...
Using an LG portable AC unit. The display blinks P2 (where the temp usually shows) and is not running

Thanks,
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
8/1/2010
Appliance Technician: Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 years ago
Neilwill
Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician
Hiya,

This is your problem .

The water collection tank is full, drain the tank and reset your setting.

Neilwill
Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician
This unit has a dry mode; water tank is inaccessible. I opened the drainage plug, drained some water and got it started again.

what is a dry mode? why can I not find the manual on line for this model?
Hiya.

My data bank does not show this model.
1. Is this the complete model number as shown on the sticker on the Airconditiner unit??
2. How old ie this model?
That's the number shown on the box. The unit is about 3 months old. I looked at the manual for the LP1200DXR which looks similar. it has an upper and lower drain plug, but this unit has no Autoclean button!

So now, when the upper plug is off water comes out. I'm installing a drainage tube to see if that alleviates the problem. Because of the window configuration the tube goes up! Will that pose a problem?
Why don't you call LG and have them send you the plug for free?

Edited by Neilwill on 8/1/2010 at 2:43 PM EST
I have the plug. That's not the problem... The problem is emptying the tank
If you place the drain tube at the bottom and make the tube long enough the water will drain up the tube and the down and out. that's IF the end of the tube is long enough to eventually be lower than the source the water will siphon away and l follow gravity.
Or do I not understand why you are going to use the top drain rather than the bottom.

Here is another source to try. See if this looks like it?

Edited by Neilwill on 8/1/2010 at 2:59 PM EST

Go to the fan and get the 'UPC' code off the fan. There is a sticker on the fan that has this number, you need it.
Then call 1-800-466-3337 for customer service and get
Hampton Bay ceiling fan support. They will ask for this UPC number. This tells them who the manufacture is for the fan. They then will either transfer you to them or give you the number. You then give them the model you have and they can send the original bulb.

Edited by Neilwill on 8/1/2010 at 3:01 PM EST
okay thanks
Peace, God Bless
Neilwill
Neilwill
Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician