esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp
15396620

The temperature in my freezer does not stay at zero degrees.

The temperature in my freezer does not stay at zero degrees. First I replaced a faulty fan and next a faulty switch.

Now that the switch has been replaced, I was hoping the temperature problem would be corrected. It's not. Throughout the evening, the freezer temp remained about 15 degrees. This morning it was 9 degrees.

And so my question is, under circumstance, what events would cause and elevated freezer temperature? Defrosting? Turning on the ice maker?

Is there another part that needs to be replaced or is my unit working normally?
hi you need to change the thermostat it causes temperature change when it turns off if it doesnt start right away the food wil begin to defrost
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is the thermostat for the freezer the same for the fridge?

Initially, when the new fan switch was installed, all was working well, but the freezer temp never reached zero.

And lastly, will the temp in the freeze rise during auto defrost or when the ice maker is on?
hi it will rise only during auto defrost the refrigerator and freezer have their own thermostats ok
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
and the last question. During auto defrost, how much will the temperature rise, how long will it stay elevated and how long will it take to return to zero degrees?
hi during defrost that cycle is 25 minutes so the temp rises around30 degrees and wil be normal in 3 to 4 hours ok pressing accept for my help pays me thanks