Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Frigidaire refrigerator, model # FSC23F7TDBO. It is

I have a Frigidaire refrigerator, model # XXXXX It is showing an “EF” code on the temp displays. I have had this problem before and if we turn the refrigerator off and let it set several hours it seems to come back on and work fine for several months. (But I am tired of packing stuff back and forth to the garage just to make this ugly black box happy!) Any Ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
EF means that your control board is having difficulting comunicating with the other electronics. If you've tried to unplug the unit for 60 seconds to reset it and it didn't work, you'll need to replace the control board unfortunately. Below is a link to the part you need to order and replace. If you remove the kick panel below the refrigerator and freezer door, you can access the part.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have also been told that the "EF" error code is in reference to the evaporator fan, is the fan also involved?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
no, not at all. Whoever told you that doesn't know what he/she is talking about because EF only means "evaporator fan" error when it's an LG or Kenmore refrigerator. It has a completely different meaning for Frigidaire and Electrolux
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It was the frigidaire help desk. Thanks for your help.
Phil
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
alright good luck---Not sure why a help desk is giving out any information as far as that goes because I know they don't let you talk to the tech line, they just answer the phones.