Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

GE tfx22zpda-ww icemaker problems-My icemaker is not working

Customer Question
at all, no ice or...
GE tfx22zpda-ww icemaker problems-My icemaker is not working at all, no ice or water is coming in to the refrigerator. I recently replaced the water filter thinking that might be the problem but it didn't help out. Last year we did have a problem with water dripping out from (I think) the copper tubing but that problem was resovled by the technician. the valve to the copper tubing is turned wide open and the handle in the freezer is in the down position. Any ideas?

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
7/18/2010
Appliance Technician: Justin, Appliance Technician replied 7 years ago
Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to help you with your concern. I'm available M - F in the evening and weekends vary.

Are you saying you have no water to your door AND you're not making ice?

Hi Justin

Yes there is no water or ice at the door and no ice is being made in the freezer. I also checked the saddle valve located in our laundry to make sure it was turned on.

Regards, Stan

If both water at your door and ice isn't working, it sounds like one of a few things. Either the water filter head is bad, or the water isn't getting to the valve correctly, or the fan in the freezer isn't working. The third condition is easy to check, the second one is easy too if you take the water line off the valve and make sure the water is coming to it at a steady pace. It's rare, but your valve could be bad. Valves go bad a lot, but not usually on both solenoids.

Relist: I still need help.
Same question made to Justin yesterday-7/19
Re:No water or ice cubes being made from refrigerator
John, Home Appliance Technician