Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We have a Thermador T241F70NSP/03 FD8607 100470 freezer

We have a Thermador T241F70NSP/03 FD8607 100470 freezer that makes ice but very slowly. Probably would take more than a week to fill the ice box. It came with the home we just purchased. Can you help?

do you know the temp in the freezer. ? it has to be between 0-8 degrees to make ice at capacity, can you check that? if its higher than that it will make ice but real slow

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Display says -4.
ok is it really -4? thats a good temp. the problem if the ice cubes it is making are full sized(not hollow or half sized) is the ice maker itself, the motor is failing, running slow. it will need to be replaced, wish I had better news, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I sent another reply that another thermometer said 18F. Also, I'm trying to set temperature by pressing set and cycling through menu but temp doesn't even come up. ?? Same with frig beside it.
ok well thats the trouble, 18 degrees is to high to make ice at a fast rate, sounds like you have a bad control in this, you will need a tech for this however, the parts and technical info for these are limited, (thermadore does that on purpose) once you get the temp problem fixed the ice maker will work fine, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok, thanks for the help!
your very welcome, well wishes and thanks, Bryan