Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a short in the ice ejector. Have to push glass against

I have a short in the ice ejector. Have to push glass against it several times to get ice. Any ideas would be appreciated. This is a Whirlpool Gold side by side.

Bob
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

can you get me the model #? thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Bryan,

It is model # XXXXX The short is in the ejector arm that you put the glass against.

Bob
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok the first thing to check is # XXXXX on this diagram, its the arm that hits the switch, make sure that hasn't broke on side, (this happens a lot in these) then if that ok its the switch # XXXXX thats going, check these things and let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What is the secret to getting the front panel off?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you will need to take a putty knife and slip it between the front and the panel at the bottom and pry the bottom loose first then work your way around the sides and lift it off the top.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Both arms are Ok. Just ordered part # XXXXX Will be here tomorrow. Thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
no problem, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Have installed micro switch. Still not working properly. I have to push 3-4 times to get ice.
Any suggestions?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
it doesn't make any noise when you push it at first,? there must be a loose connection somewhere in the wiring,