esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp
15396620

My dryer heat only runs for about 10 minutes, shuts off and

My dryer heat only runs for about 10 minutes, shuts off and will not come back on.
hi what led to this . if you press power after a while does it light up or just stays off
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It seems to relight after a while, I think after it cools down.
hi the problem is the gas coils normally the first one goes bad and its the one that starts the gas
Part 3479 (Click to enlarge)
Grid is 1 inch square
Item #
3479
Price
$20.50
In Stock?
Yes
Gas valve solenoid coil kit, 2 and 3 wire, new style
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok, I'd like to verify what's happening. I start the dryer cold (I have the back panel off) and I can see a glow, then the gas fires. After about 7-10 mins, the gas goes off and does not come back on until the dryer has been turned off for about 15 mins. If I turn it on before that then, I can see the glow again, but no gas fire.
hi that what you just explained is exactly the fire up sequence thats how it works ,but if the coils gets hot it will shut down and after it cools it should fire up again but doesnt the glow bar just lights up