Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a maytag neptune gas dryer with the upper drying cabinet.

Customer Question
The lower half (regular dryer)...
I have a maytag neptune gas dryer with the upper drying cabinet. The lower half (regular dryer) has not been working well -- I have to run a normal load at least 3 full cycles to get it dry. We checked the vent and it was full of water (at least 2 quarts), we emptied the vent and continued to used the dryer for about 3 weeks and it continued to not work. We just checked the vent again and it was again full of water. Do you know what could be causing this?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/5/2010
Appliance Technician: william, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 years ago
william, Home Appliance Technician
Whats the model number?

I looked on the actual dryer and couldn't see the model number, but I had a repair done in 2007 and on that receipt, it says: model # XXXXX

serial number 10809713EA

Do this for me take the vent hose off and tell me how hard and hot is the air that is coming out of there?

my husband just checked. the temperature is pretty hot and the flow seems good.

The last time we had a Maytag repair guy come out (2007), he didn't have a manual and we had to look it up online for him before he could proceed. It cost us quite a bit, so if we can isolate the problem before we call a repair guy, I'm hoping it will cost a little less.
Sorry but i cant use seems good. Is it blowing hard? soft? So on

Not sure if it is hard or soft because I don't have a good point of reference, but it seems like a pretty good flow of air. Hard, I guess.

Ok i want you to do this for me. You mentioned that it took 3 cycles to dry one load. With the hoses off. Do a load for me and see if that does the same thing as what you have mentioned.
OK -- I don't have a load of wash, so I'll do that first and then run the dryer. It'll be a while before I can report back.
Thats ok i need a break anyways. Thanks

Thanks William. I just finished drying a load of wash with the vent hose unhooked and it was much, much better. I did a small load and it was still slightly damp at the end of the cycle, but I had a big beach towel in it. After that, my husband went outside to look at the where the vent comes out of the house and he said it looks like it is 90% blocked with lint and stuff.

That's probably the source of the problem. Do you think I still need to call a maytag repair man? I'm thinking that he would not clean out the vent to the outside, only look at the unit.

Sorry about not getting back i fell asleep very long day. Im glad that you found the source of the problem. Can you hubby see about how far that goes in as far as the lint goes inside the hose. Also how long is the hose? Maybe you wont have to call a repair guy. Thanks.

If this answers your question, please click the ACCEPT BUTTON This is how I get paid for my skills & knowledge.Need more info ask as long as it pertains to the same question. BONUSES are appreciated. NOTE: As I am not there this is based on your observations and information that i get from you. Thank-you.

william, Home Appliance Technician