John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a GE dish washer model # GSD4320202bb seriel # ST808420B

Customer Question

I have a GE dish washer model # XXXXX seriel # XXXXX that will run and wash the dishes, the pump will run water into the disposal as it always has but when it is completed a cycle it leaves clear water in the bottom of the tub. I have checked for ubstructions but I am thinking that there might be a sincer that is not registering the water depth. Do you have an answer?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for the question.

Tell me if theres a long screen on the floor towards the back of the tub please.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes there is a skreen in the back and if I remember correctly it is held in place by 4 skrews. I did remove it and checked to see if there was any obstructions and I did not find any.
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=a9b3i821081&PartID=821081

This piston and nut is screwed in to the sump this gets worn out or gets clogged with food particles.

Replace this part it should fix the problem.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Where exactly is htis part on the washer? I would like to check this out tonight.
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
Its under the screen you said had 4 screws.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is there a way to tell if it is bad if it is not cloged?
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
Once its removed it should look like the picture I sent you, the rubber plunger should be smooth and not pitted.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I will check this out and get back to you tomorrow.
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
You can start it to unscrew by tapping it then unscrew the nut.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I just got the opertunity to look at the part you were referring to. You were right in that the part is defective, but I do not know as of yet if it fixed the problem until I get the new part in next week. I am going to accept your answer, if i find that I still have problems I will contact you next week.

Thank You

Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

Thats not a problem I'm sure it will work for you , but if you need me Ill be here.

Thanks and God Bless.